Read the latest news and updates from Pass With Flying Colors.
February 24, 2018 | College Dreams: Chicago’s Got Talent
On Saturday, February 24, 2018, we welcomed 230 guests for an evening of magic, live performances, and exciting games! With your support, we raised $126,000 for 113 talented scholars’ College Ready and College Success programming.
Missed College Dreams? Support our scholars with a donation today. New and increased donations will be matched dollar for dollar until May 31!
Check out photographs of the special evening:
Hear Emily’s powerful story about her journey as a Pass With Flying Colors scholar and how she hopes to make a difference using her education.
October 27, 2017 | Seniors Accepted to Colleges from Coast to Coast
Our tenacious senior scholars have been preparing for the past month to attend Chicago Scholars Onsite Admissions Forum on October 24. With the support and guidance of our College Success Manager, Kelvin, senior scholars Adriana, Alyssa, Chelsea, George, Ishaly, Leo, Mariela, Mona, Quddus, Shurook, and Vanessa complete dozens of college applications and participate in two interview prep sessions with mentors, volunteers, and staff.
On Tuesday, over 170 colleges and universities from across the nation gathered at Navy Pier to interview one-on-one with over 1,000 of Chicago’s most talented students. PWFC scholars interviewed with at several best fit colleges. Each scholar received admissions on the spot, and the cohort was awarded$299,000 in annual scholarships. They’ll continue to receive more acceptances and scholarships as the application season continues!
Scholars were accepted to the following colleges at Onsite:
- Albion College (Michigan)
- Augustana College (Illinois)
- Beloit College (Wisconsin)
- Cornell College (Iowa)
- DePaul University (Illinois)
- Depauw University (Iowa)
- Drake University (Iowa)
- Luther College (Iowa)
- Marist College (New York)
- Marquette University (Wisconsin)
- Manhattanville College (New York)
- Monmouth College (Illinois)
- University of Illinois at Chicago (Illinois)
- University of Northern Iowa (Iowa)
- University of Southern California (California)
June 28, 2017 | PWFC Scholars Spend Summer on Campus
Just one week after the school year ended, Pass With Flying Colors scholars are already filling their backpacks and cramming their duffel bags. Tickets in hand, they’re about to hit to road to campuses across the country to spend time in pre-college programs that will allow them to experience dorm life and take college courses.
Rising PWFC Senior Chelsea is headed to Indiana State. “Going to a summer immersion program is a great opportunity. It’s like having the real college experience, because we’re actually going to get to live and learn there,” she said. “It’s like getting a ‘sneak peek’ before we actually go to college.” This summer, Chelsea and 19 other PWFC students will learn what to expect in college at summer programs on college campuses
Pass With Flying Colors scholars will participate in:
- Emory University (Pre-college Summer Program)
- Illinois Institute of Technology (Freelance Coder Camp, Intro to Engineering and Design)
- Loyola University Chicago (Summer Enrichment at Loyola)
- Companies That Care (Career Exploration Internship)
- Chicago Summer Business Institute
- Marquette University (Health Careers Opportunity Program, 2 Day Summer Visit)
- Indiana State University (Summer Honors)