PWFC College Success provides intensive, wrap-around support to ensure scholars enroll in best-match colleges and graduate equipped to succeed in their career paths.
The PWFC College Success program begins in 12th grade and offers individualized support with college essays and applications, as well as applying for scholarships, grants, and other forms of financial aid. College transition workshops address the unique social and emotional challenges that first-generation students may experience during their freshman year. Once scholars matriculate into college, the program provides them with a multi-tiered system of supports. Mentoring and frequent check-ins are central components of this system to ensure academic success and retention for PWFC scholars.
Other components of the College Success program include:
- Regular 1:1 meetings with PWFC staff
- Financial aid counseling
- 1:1 mentoring until college completion
- Assistance securing summer employment and internships
- Career-readiness workshops
- $2,000 scholarship for tuition, books, or other academic essentials
- Laptop computer
Families of College Success scholars also receive the following support:
- Assistance completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- 1:1 conferences with staff twice a year